The collaborative law process is intended to offer a cooperative approach to divorce or other family law matters. This occurs before filing a petition for divorce or any other documents with the court.
If you are considering divorce, contact Clark Law Offices before you file a petition with the court. Our family law attorneys have been trained in collaborative law and have decades of experience in negotiating family law matters.
Why Choose Collaboration?
In a collaborative law setting, each party has a legal representative to provide advice during a series of four-way conferences. A collaborative law attorney is specially trained for this process. Other professionals who have been trained in collaborative law, such as financial planners, appraisers and therapists, may play a role as well.
There are many benefits to engaging in the collaborative law process:
- Collaborative law puts the divorcing couple in the driver's seat, allowing them to negotiate and come to their own decisions about property division, support and child custody. If the case goes to trial, these issues will be decided by a judge who doesn't know you or your family.
- The collaborative process can be much less expensive than traditional divorce litigation or even mediation. Rather than hiring their own experts (such as financial planners, real estate appraisers or psychologists), the couple can use joint experts.
- Collaborative law is flexible. Rather than revolving around a court's schedule, it allows you to schedule sessions when you are available.
- All information exchanged during the process remains confidential, even if the parties cannot reach a solution and must go to court.
- Engaging in collaborative law can make it easier to communicate and compromise with your former spouse in the future.
Contact Our Trained Collaborative Divorce Lawyers
At Clark Law Offices, we offer a free initial consultation, either in person or via phone, to accommodate your schedule. To learn more, please contact us online or call our office in Manchester at 603-473-4338.